Heartfulness for (This and) all Times: An Introduction to Jewish Contemplative Practice
A Four Session Zoom Class led by Rabbi Jeff Roth
Mondays – April 13th and 20th & May 4th and May 11th from 9:00-11:00 AM and/or 7:00-9:00 PM EDT
Sponsored by The Awakened Heart Project for Contemplative Judaism and Aleph Virtual Kallah
We are living in a unique period of history when all our routines are different – a situation which can be used for growth, or could result in fear and confusion.
A Jewish meditation practice can give you the tools you need to open up your heart/mind – bringing wisdom, and cultivating the qualities of compassion and kindness to this period we are living in, and to each moment as it is now, and with what will come. Learning to pay sustained loving attention to your own experience, and the feelings arising in the present moment is the key.
This class will provide the support you need to start, or continue to build such a practice. Students in the class will have the opportunity for a private discussion with the Rabbi Jeff to support their individual needs.
A special feature of Jewish meditation is recognizing the Divine Presence that is manifesting in each moment of the experience of life. This brings a sense of Sacredness to your life and to all of your relationships.
Through this course you will learn:
- The skill of sustained attention
- How to deal with obstacles that arise in the mind, which make it difficult to get through the day
- To begin paying awakened attention in daily life
- How to connect to the Divine Presence through contemplative practice
- Various contemplative techniques including:
- Breathe and body awareness
- Cultivating heart/mind states of love and compassion
- Open Awareness
Please register in advance by emailing Rabbi Jeff at Jeff@awakenedheartproject.org.
Class is designed for those who intend to do all four sessions.