Date and Time: Monday, May 11 | 8 pm EST (5 pm PST)
Cost: Pay-what-you-can (Proceeds will support COVID-19 relief and ALEPH: Alliance for Jewish Renewal. Recommendation of $18 to $108 or more!)
Led by: Rabbi Geela Rayzel Raphael and many more!
Description: “And You shall count for yourselves—from the day after the Shabbat, from the day when you bring the Omer of the waving—seven Shabbats, they shall be complete. Until the day after the seventh sabbath you shall count, fifty days…” (Leviticus 23:15-16)
From Passover to Shavuot, Jews count the days with kavannah/intention. Today we are doing this with art, contemporary spiritual teachings, and with more women teachers than ever before in history! From mandalas and singing bowls, to yoga poses and tarot cards, books, and bible women… Come spend an evening with the creative voices of current leaders who can help us interpret the energies of the day according to the Kabbalistic system.
Lag B’Omer, the thirty-third day of the Omer is a special day. It occurs on the 18th day of Iyyar. It is a day that the heavens open to create a bridge to earth for the unification of sacred masculine and feminine energies. Bonfires are lit to reach the skies. We will gather on Zoom to celebrate that day and learn from a number of gifted spiritual leaders, artists and musicians who are forging new paths on the journey, and will help light our spirit fires!
Convened by Rabbi Geela Rayzel Raphael, the presenters include (and there will be more!):
- Rabbi Yael Levy: Author of Journey Through the Wilderness: A Mindfulness Approach to the Ancient Jewish Practice of Counting the Omer
- Julie Levitt: Creator of Omer Kavvanot
- Sarah Waxman: CEO At The Well and author of Daily Omer by Text
- Spiritual Companion Juliet Spitzer: Creator of Omer Mandalas
- Spiritual Guide Joy Krauthammer: Creator of Kabbalistic Sephirat HaOmer Psalms of My Soul
- Rabbi Sarah Leah Mazal Tov and Rabbi Leah Novick: Creators of the Divine Feminine Tree of Life Poster
- D’vorah Horn-Greenberg: Omer Artist
- Kohenet Rav Jill Hammer: Author of Omer Calendar of Biblical Women
- Rabbi Min Kantrowitz: Author of Counting the Omer: a Kabbalistic Meditation Guide
- Beth Styles: Musician/Artist
- Abby Lyons: Author of Parents Omer Counter
- Sheila Firestone: Composer – “Miriam and the Women of the Desert” and CD “Ancient Blue Threads”
And many more to come!
This program will last approximately two hours unless our fires are really lit!